Meaning: rest and relaxation (or recreation, recuperation, recovery); to enjoy time by not doing anything to difficult or tiring.
*R&R might also mean Rock and Roll (a type of music)
- I need some R & R. I’ve been working too hard.
- You look so tired! You can’t keep your eyes open and you smell like you haven’t showered in a week. Take a break, get some R&R.
- Student: Where were you this weekend?
Joe: I was home, getting some R & R. Now I’m back and feel great!
- Poor Tom, he doesn’t enjoy R&R. All he does is focus on work and studies, that’s no way to go through life.
What is the best example of R&R?
- Playing computer games
- Going to the Caribbean for a week
- Babysitting for your cousin
Click below to read the answer…
2, Going to the Caribbean (a chain of islands in the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean Sea) would allow you the most R&R. You could lay on the beach and soak in the sun, swim in the ocean, eat, drink and be merry…let’s go!
Now, try to find a way to use this idiom in your conversation today!