Butterflies in My Stomach
Meaning: a feeling in your stomach when you are excited or nervous or in love; a fluttering or tickling in your stomach.
- Whenever I have to speak in public, I get butterflies in my stomach.
- She is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. Every time I look at her I get butterflies in my stomach.
- When we went down the big hill on the rollercoaster ride, it felt like I had butterflies in my stomach.
Pop Quiz: When do you think you would have butterflies in your stomach?
- After you eat too much pizza
- Before you give a presentation
- After you take a test
Read the answer below
2, before you give a presentation. Many people have a strange feeling before they speak in public, like butterflies in their stomach.