APRIL IS NATIONAL POETRY MONTH
You can read poems fromClass E3 on the Student Writing Board or click on the picture below!
There are a lot of ways to enjoy and celebrate National Poetry Month, here are a few:
- Join the “Poem a day” email list at Poets.org. Get a different poem emailed to you everyday. It’s a great way to improve your English, so go and sign up!
- Do you have a smartphone? Download the Poetry Foundation’s Poetry Mobile App and read hundreds of poems anywhere for free, here
- Poem in your Pocket– Carry a poem (or many) in your pocket so you can share with friends, classmates, teachers or just surprise someone.
- Listen to and read some poems read by well known poets at Poetry Foundation’s Poem of the Day or Poetry Foundation’s Essential American Poets or Poetry Archive’s Historic Recordings. Let us know which poems you enjoy.
- Finally, we will be having our first poetry contest!!! Read below:
-All classes and levels are invited and encouraged to participate
-The topic of the poem must involve “Being an immigrant in New York City”
-All poems must be sent by Friday, April 27th 2012
-Only one poem per person please
-No longer than 1 page
-All poems must be original (do not send anything you didn’t write)
-Email poem to email@example.com with the subject as ‘Poetry‘
-We will read all the poems and together we will vote on a winner
-The writer of the chosen poem will receive a small prize!!!!
-Good luck and pleasant poeming!!!