go out with a bang
Meaning: to succeed spectacularly; to end something in a great way
- I handed in all of my papers and I got an A+ on my final test. This school year I definitely went out with a bang.
- The movie went out with a bang! The special effects at the end were amazing!
- Tonight is New Year’s Eve. I’m going to sing and dance and go out with a bang!
Pop Quiz: You will go out with a bang if you…
- Sleep in on your last day of school and miss graduation.
- Write a paper, but get lazy at the end and don’t finish.
- Play hard the whole game and score the winning point.
For the answer…
The correct answer is 3 – play hard the whole game and score the winning point. That’s going out with a bang!
Now try to use this new idiom in your conversation or leave a reply below and write a sentence using it!