This spring, Classes 2A and 2B wrote stories about health problems – specifically, accidents and illnesses. The stories are short, filled with useful vocabulary, and most of them are in simple past tense. To download the whole book, click here (but be careful – it’s a big file and it might take a long time!).
Here’s one sample from the book – after you read it, look at the true/false exercise and conversation questions about the story:
I was sick one month ago. I felt uncomfortable. I couldn’t go to school for two days. I felt cold and nauseous. My husband bought some cold medicine for me, but it didn’t work. I still felt uncomfortable. I was sad.
I remember in China, I was sick too. One night I couldn’t sleep. I felt nauseous and uncomfortable in my chest. I told my grandpa I was sick. My grandpa put a tea bag in hot water, and I drank the tea. After about twenty minutes, I felt better. “What is this?” I asked. My grandpa said, “It is Lin Yung tea. It is good for your health. I always drink it if I have a stomachache, cold, or diarrhea.” “I like it!” I exclaimed.
I cried. My husband asked, “What’s the matter?” I said, “I miss the tea and I miss my grandpa very much!”
TRUE OR FALSE?
Choose T for True or F for False.
- Ivy was sick last month. T F
- Her grandpa gave her tea when she was sick in China. T F
- It was Lin Ying tea. T F
- Ivy cried when she thought about her grandmother. T F
- She misses the tea and her grandfather. T F
- When was the last time you were sick?
- Do you usually take medicine when you get sick? If so, what kind?
- Who or what do you miss from your country?
To see the answers for the true/false questions, click “Continue Reading” below: