Our final Student of the Month for the 2013-14 school year is Class 0A student Natividad Nunez. She was nominated by her teacher for three reasons:
1. She got a higher score on the Best Plus Test.
2. She’s a responsible student.
3. She just got a certificate from the University of the State of New York Education Department for School Attendants and Monitors.
4. She received certification from the New York City Department of Education as a School Bus Escort
5. She received certification in Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR from the American Red Cross.
6. She completed a Wheelchair and Occupant Restraint System Training and a Workplace Bloodborne Pathogens Training in May.
7. She got a job as a school bus attendant!
And she’s only been in the United States for 10 months!
Way to go, Natividad!
Watch her read her autobiography below in the video above, then take the quiz to test your comprehension:
My name is Natividad Nunez. I’m from the Dominican Republic. I’m 27 years old.
I’m married. My husband’s name is Franklin Nunez. He’s 39 years old. We have two children, Ezequiel and Cristal Nunez. We live in New York.
My other family lives in the Dominican Republic. My mother’s name is Arelis Perez. My father’s name is Tomas Rodriguez. I have two nieces and two nephews.
In my free time, I like to go shopping and spend time with my family. I like going to the park with my children.
My favorite food is sancocho and my favorite color is green.
In my country, I was a student of Business Administration at Universidad Autonoma de Santo Domingo. Next year I will go to the Dominican Republic with my family. I miss my family.